Important! After downloading any of our files, please backup a copy of the file you downloaded onto a CD and keep it in a safe place. We cannot under any circumstances send you the file again if your computer has crashed, or if you have bought a new computer etc., whether you purchased the download last week / last month / last year or whenever. It is YOUR responsibility to keep valid backups in case of such events.
* Common Questions
* I paid for the download, where is it?
* The link has expired. Help!
* I can't find the files on my computer!
* I successfully downloaded the file, but it won't open
* I have unzipped my files but I still can't open them!
* Installation instructions for XP/Vista version of Knitware Design Software
* Known problem with Knitware programs and Windows Vista
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE(S)
All files are immediately available for you to download for 3 days (for a maximum of 3 times per file), after which they will automatically expire and will no longer be available to you. Please also see our Terms and Conditions.
* Login to your account at the top right of this page. Click "Your Digital Downloads", then click the download link shown to the right of the product. (Only available if you have an account on this website. If you checked out without creating an account, use the option below)
* Click the link in the email sent immediately after your purchase, titled "Your Purchased Downloads"
A window similar to one illustrated below will appear, depending on your browser.
Please Note: You may need to temporarily disable your pop-up blocker or your internet security depending on your computer's configuration.
Choose the option to SAVE the file to your computer - be sure to save it somewhere where you can easily find it! Now copy it to CD and store in a safe place in case it's needed again in the future, for example in the case of a computer crash or purchasing a new computer.
Your question will more than likely have been answered below; if after reading this page you are still having problems with your download, please contact us and we'll be happy to help. Please include as much detail as possible, especially any error messages you may have received. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to help you - just saying "it doesn't work" or "I can't download" doesn't really give us many clues as to what might be the problem :)
* Click the Login link at the top right of this page
* If you are already logged in, click "Your Account", then "Your Digital Downloads".
* On this screen you will see the names of the downloaded items you've ordered. Click the small image to the right of the product name and a window similar to one illustrated above will appear, depending on your browser.
I have unzipped my files but I still can't open them!
* For shapes, open DesignaKnit, then open Original Shaping, then File > Open and browse for the folder that contains the unzipped files. Click on the .shp file you want and it will open in Original Shaping.
* For stitch patterns, open DesignaKnit, then open Stitch Designer, then File > Open and browse for the files as before. Click on the .pat or .stp file you want and it will open in Stitch Designer.
* Any PDF files included in the download will need to be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5 or better. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available as a free download from http://www.adobe.com.
* Any TIF files included in the download will need to be opened in a graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, or similar.
I've tried all the above and I'm still having problems
(XP/VISTA VERSION ONLY)
After installing any of the Knitware programs on Windows Vista, you will see this error message when you try to run the program:
Network initialization failed
In the Start > Programs menu, find the menu item for your Knitware program. It will look similar to this:
Right-click the menu item to display the Properties box for your program and do the following:
1. Click the Compatibility tab.
2. Select the compatibility mode for Windows XP.
3. Check the box to run the program as an administrator.
4. Leave all other settings unchanged or unchecked. The image below shows all the settings entered correctly.
5. When you save the new properties, you should be able to run the program successfully from this point forward. Once the program starts up successfully, you can enter the serial number to enable full program mode.
Once you set the compatibility mode for your Knitware program, you will not have to do anything more to run the program. However, if you uninstall and re-install Knitware, you will have to repeat this procedure. If you use more than one Knitware program, you will have to set compatibility mode for each of your programs.
If you have any problems installing your Knitware program, please contact us using the detail from our Knitware Support page, and we will be happy to help.